Defect means a mismatch in between test case and expected value and corresponding actual value of a sprint or software build.
Testers can use bellow format to forward defect report to developers :
1. Defect Id: Defect id is a unique number or name for defect for future referance.
2. Defect Description : write detail detail description of the defect .
3. software or sprint build version : The version number of sprint or software in which defect was detected.
4. feature / module : Name of m odule or feature in which defect was detected.
5. Failed test case scenario : Name of scenario in which scenario cases execution defect was detected.
6. Test environment : The details of cabin computer, in which defect was detected.
7. Severity: The seriousness of defect with respect to tester job
High: Not able to continue further testing until fix the defect.
Medium : we able to continue furtheer testing, but mandatory to fix defect.
Low : Able to continue further testing but may or may not to fix.
8. Priority : The importence of customer to fix this defect .
9. Reproduceable: Yes / No
Yes ---------------> deffect appears every time
No ---------------> defect appears rarely.
if yes, attach test case document
if no attach testcases doc and screenshot.
10. Status :
New --------------> reporting first time.
Reopen --------------> Re reporting.
11. Defected by:
12. Deected on:
13. Assign to : Developer name
14. Suggested fix: Suggestion to fix defect by developers.